Fish Oil Supplements: Learn The 7 Ugly TruthsWe all know that Omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil are one of the "good fats" we should be getting more of for our health and longevity. Many clinical studies show fish oil benefits for heart health, memory, focus, skin, joint, vision, weight management, mood enhancement, pain relief, reversing inflammation, and premature aging - just to name a few.
What you probably DIDN'T know is that the vast majority of fish oil supplements on the market today are marginally effective, hard to absorb and in many cases - a total waste of money. What's worst is it become dangerous if you ingest rancid fish oil!Yes, it’s true, and in this article we’ll clearly show you ALL the 7 ugly reasons why.
1. Synthetic “Ethyl Ester” Fish OilFirst, most fish oil pills that you find in the store are in the ethyl-ester form, a synthetic form that’s been shown to be 3 times less absorbable than the natural triglyceride form found in wild fish you should be taking. Not only is fish oil in the ethyl-ester form hard to digest, it is easily oxidized and smells bad. Taking rancid fish oil wreaks havoc on your body by increasing the inflammation you're trying to fight in the first place! Unfortunately, 9 out of 10 brands of fish oil use the synthetic ethyl ester form because it’s cheap to produce. And the U.S government does not require companies to label what form of fish oil is in the bottle.
2. Very Poor AbsorptionBeyond that, even with the natural triglyceride form of fish oil supplements, a high percentage of the Omega-3 fatty acids are lost to stomach acids during the digestion process, leaving only a small percentage of the oil you ingest to pass through to the small intestine and into the blood stream where it can be used by your body's cells.
3. Low Amounts of Omega 3s
Nearly all traditional fish oil products are way under-dosed, providing only a couple hundred milligrams of EPA and DHA per serving, while scientific studies show 10 times this amount per day is needed to see significant health benefits. This is especially true of krill oil supplements, which are even lower in EPA and DHA. This is assuming the amounts of EPA and DHA stated on the label are actually true. A new analysis suggests that some consumers may not always get what they are paying for.
The new research, carried out by a testing company called LabDoor, analyzed 30 top-selling fish oil supplements for levels of omega-3 fatty acids, a group of compounds with anti-inflammatory effects. It found that six of those products contained levels of omega-3s that were, on average, 30 percent less than stated on their labels.
The research found more problems when it looked specifically at levels of two particular omega-3s that are promoted for brain and heart health: docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). Tests showed that at least a dozen products contained DHA levels that were, on average, 14 percent less than listed on their packaging.
4. Excessive Contaminants
An earlier study performed by Consumer Lab—a leading watchdog of the supplement industry—examining 35 well-known fish oil brands, uncovered that 31.4% of the products contained excessive contaminants (PCBs) and/or false, misleading information and claims on their label.
5. Too Little DHA, Too Much EPA
Almost all fish oil products contain much more EPA than DHA, while research shows higher levels of DHA provide the greatest health benefits, particularly with regard to heart heath, brain health, anti-aging properties, and even the fat loss effects of Omega-3 fatty acids. Why? Because it's cheaper for manufacturers to pump up the EPA than increase the DHA.
6. Unpleasant Fish BurpsIf you’ve ever taken a fish oil supplement, then you’re probably all too familiar with the uncomfortable nature of “fish burps.” This is caused by fish oil not digesting well in the stomach. If the fish burps smell bad, that's because the oil has oxidized and gone bad.
7. Large Pills, Hard To Swallow
Almost all high-dosage omega 3 fish oil capsules are large "horse pills" and hard to swallow.
"So is there an omega 3 fish oil supplement that solves ALL of these problems to ensure you only get extremely absorbable, pure and potent fish oil with every capsule?"A fish oil that: - Is in the natural triglyceride form - Is fully absorbed by the body - Contains high amounts of DHA Omega 3 fatty acids - Is fresh and purified free of contaminants like PCBs and mercury - Does not cause fish burps - Is Small and easy to swallow - Is wild-caught from sustainable sources The good news is that we've finally "discovered" an Omega-3 fish oil supplement that meets these criteria and provides even more age reversing benefits. See next page.